Galaxy S21 pre-preorders are open, but what about a release date? Here’s what we know
Samsung’s new Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus and Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphones are set to debut at the Samsung Unpacked event on Jan. 14 — the last day of CES — which will livestream at 7 a.m. PT/10 a.m. PT (here’s how to watch the S21 event live). The South Korean company’s event theme is “Welcome to Everyday Epic.” But when can you actually get your hands on the new phones?
It’s likely the phones will go one sale toward the end of the month. If Android Authority’s predictions are true, the new devices will be out on Jan. 22. Earlier reports have suggested that they could go on sale in India on Jan. 29. For now, you can’t technically preorder the new phones yet, but you can get in the virtual line and register to preorder on Samsung’s website.
Read more: Why now is the worst time to buy the Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung did not respond to a request for comment.
The new phones are the follow-up to the S20 phones, which Samsung released last year to accommodate multiple budgets. Rumors were circulating as early as last November that the tech giant was already mass-producing the Galaxy S21.
More Samsung Galaxy S21 rumors:
- Will Samsung Galaxy S21 have a headphone jack? Here’s why we don’t think so
- Galaxy S21’s cameras: What we know and think we know so far
- Samsung Galaxy S21 colors: Get ready for pastel pink, if rumors are true
- Samsung Galaxy S21 specs: Battery, price, size and more, according to rumors
- Galaxy S21 vs. Galaxy S20: Rumored price, features and more compared
- Galaxy S21 price: Samsung’s next phone could cost $100 less than the S20
- Samsung Galaxy S21 battery: What the rumors say the phone will have